The Linn-Mar Board of Directors recognizes that well-trained personnel are essential to effective performance, use of knowledge, and a productive learning environment. To meet the ever-changing student needs, staff development is viewed as necessary, systemic, and continuous to improving district programs and employee performance.
The board, superintendent, and all administrators and managers expect all employees to participate in a staff development program that is aligned with the district’s strategic plan and improvement plan that is designed to develop and enhance staff performance.
Critical to this process is participant collaboration in the program. Therefore, the following elements will be part of the collaborative process for staff development:
- Assessment of the learning needs of employees;
- Prioritization of these needs so that individual and organizational needs are met simultaneously;
- Allocation of budget funds based upon these priorities;
- Provision of an appropriate variety of training opportunities;
- Assess the effectiveness of each development program; and
- Evaluation of the results to the Board of Directors.
The board is committed to the development of a comprehensive staff development program that ultimately improves employee performance and student achievement levels.
Reviewed: 1/11; 12/11; 4/13; 9/14; 8/17; 6/20
Related Policy (Code #): 401.7; 401.14; 403.8