The following are objectives of a system of student progress reporting practices:
- To inform parents/guardians of their student’s progress
- To clarify the expectations of the instructional program
- To record for students their growth or achievement
- To assist students in evaluating their growth or achievement
- To assist the students, parents/guardians, and schools in working cooperatively for the welfare of the students
Students will receive a progress report at the end of each regular grading period. Prior to the end of the grading period, a reasonable attempt will be made to notify parents/guardians of students who are not achieving as expected. The board encourages notification to parents/guardians of students who have made marked improvement prior to the end of the grading period.
The elementary schools, middle schools, intermediate schools, and high school will hold conferences at a minimum of once per year. Parents/guardians, teachers, or principals may request conferences for students in addition to these required conferences.
Parents/guardians and students are encouraged to discuss student progress or other matters with the student’s teacher.
Reviewed: 9/12; 4/18
Revised: 6/11; 10/13; 2/15; 6/21
Legal Reference (Code of Iowa): §§ 256.11, .41; 280; 284.12; 281 IAC 12.3(4), 12.3(6); 5(16)
IASB Reference: 505.1