As a school corporation of Iowa, the Linn-Mar Community School District acting through its board is dedicated to promoting an equal opportunity for a quality public education to its students commensurate with the school district’s ability to furnish financial support to provide for students. In cooperation with parents/guardians, the school district will strive to provide a nurturing learning environment that gives guidance and develops critical thinking in students for a lifetime.
The following vision, mission and belief statements govern all actions of the district:
Vision: Linn-Mar 2020: Spirit. Opportunity. Future.
Mission Statement: Inspire Learning. Unlock Potential. Empower Achievement.
1. Effective teaching and meaningful learning are our highest priorities.
2. Individuals are unique and learn at different rates in a variety of ways.
3. Quality instructional programming requires a rigorous curriculum, effective teaching, and ongoing assessment.
4. Our schools and facilities shall provide safe and engaging environments where civility is evident and individuality is respected.
5. Students, staff, parents/guardians, and community members are partners and all have responsibility in the educational process.
6. Meeting the learning needs of every student is an essential factor in their achievement.
7. Staff make an essential difference in the lives of children, communities, and the larger context of the role that students will play as adults in the world.
Reviewed: 4/13; 5/14; 9/16
Legal Reference (Code of Iowa): §§ 256.11 (2013)