In general, classified personnel should assume no authority with students except in the following situations:
- A bus driver is in full charge of the bus so students shall obey the driver promptly. The bus driver is required to report each case of misconduct to the Transportation Manager.
- Certain associates and secretaries are designated to deal with students in attendance and related matters.
- In the absence of an administrator and when teachers are not present, the custodian has responsibility for the security and care of physical facilities.
- When no licensed personnel are immediately present, classified personnel are expected to act in the best interest of the district and its patrons with regard to student/public behavior or building/property.
- Direct supervision of students may be assigned by the building administrator.
Reviewed: 12/11; 4/13; 9/14; 12/16; 4/20; 4/23