Iowa law authorizes the creation of a common schools system. As part of this common schools system, this school district is a school corporation created and organized under Iowa law and is known as the Linn-Mar Community School District.
This school corporation is located in Linn County and its affairs are conducted by elected school officials, the Linn-Mar Community School District Board of Directors. This school corporation has exclusive jurisdiction over school matters in the territory of the school district.
Linn-Mar schools are presently organized in a pattern which consists of:
- Preschool classes for children ages three and four;
- Junior Kindergarten;
- Elementary school grade levels kindergarten through fourth;
- Intermediate school grade levels fifth and sixth;
- Middle school grade levels seventh and eighth; and
- High school grade levels ninth through twelfth.
Reviewed: 4/13; 5/14; 9/16; 6/20; 3/23
Revised: 10/19; 9/20; 6/21
Legal Reference (Code of Iowa): §§ 274.1-2, .6-7; 279.8; 594A
IASB Reference: 100