As a school corporation of Iowa, the Linn-Mar Community School District, acting through its board of directors, is dedicated to promoting an equal opportunity for a quality public education to its students commensurate with the school district’s ability to furnish financial support to provide for students. In cooperation with parents/guardians, the school district will strive to provide a nurturing learning environment that gives guidance and develops critical thinking in students for a lifetime.
The following vision, mission, and belief statements govern all actions of the district:
Vision: Linn-Mar 2020: Spirit. Opportunity. Future.
Mission Statement: Inspire Learning. Unlock Potential. Empower Achievement.
- Effective teaching and meaningful learning are our highest priorities;
- Individuals are unique and learn at different rates in a variety of ways;
- Quality instructional programming requires a rigorous curriculum, effective teaching, and ongoing assessment;
- Our schools and facilities shall provide safe and engaging environments where civility is evident, and individuality is respected;
- Students, staff, parents/guardians, and community members are partners, and all have responsibility in the educational process;
- Meeting the learning needs of every student is an essential factor in their achievement; and
- Staff make an essential difference in the lives of children, communities, and the larger context of the role that students will play as adults in the world.
Reviewed: 4/13; 5/14; 9/16; 3/23
Revised: 10/11; 6/20
Legal Reference (Code of Iowa): §§ 256.11
IASB Reference: 101