The Linn-Mar Board of Directors recognizes that appropriate training and professional development of all employees is crucial to the success of all students. The district will provide professional development opportunities appropriate to the duties of school employees.
The board, superintendent, administrators, and managers expect all employees to participate in a professional development program that is aligned with the district’s strategic plan and improvement plan that is designed to develop and enhance staff performance.
Critical to this process is participant collaboration in the program. Therefore, the following elements will be part of the collaborative process for professional development:
- Assessment of the learning needs of employees;
- Prioritization of these needs so that individual and organizational needs are met simultaneously;
- Allocation of budget funds based upon these priorities;
- Provision of an appropriate variety of training opportunities;
- Assess the effectiveness of each development program; and
- Evaluation of the results to the Board of Directors.
The board is committed to the development of a comprehensive professional development program that ultimately improves employee performance and student achievement levels.
For all professional development programs the district requires employees to take, the district will provide to the employees notice indicating the section of law, or rules adopted by the State Board of Education or Board of Educational Examiners that the district determines requires the employee to participate in the professional development program.
Reviewed: 1/11; 12/11; 4/13; 9/14; 8/17; 6/20; 4/23
Revised: 3/06; 8/23
Related Policy: 401.7; 401.14; 403.8
Legal Reference: HF604
IASB Reference: 402.05